Now that you have your fresh new tattoo,
you want to take good care of it!
It is very important that you follow the steps
given to you by your artist.
A really beautiful tattoo can turn into a disaster
if the proper aftercare is not taken.
- Remove bandage no sooner than 4 hours.
- Wash area gently, but well, removing any blood or ointment. Use a mild soap and warm to hot water using only your fingers. Rinse well to remove all soap. BLOT DRY, DO NOT RUB. No rubbing until tattoo is completely healed.
- Allow the tattoo to air dry for about 15 minutes, DO NOT apply another bandage
- Begin applying a VERY THIN film of aftercare ointment or lotion as often as 3 times a day in order to keep your tattoo moist. It is very IMPORTANT that your tattoo does not appear wet and gooey from the ointment. This process will prevent a scabbing from forming.
- Your tattoo should peel like a sunburn. If a scab should form it is very important not to pick or tamper with it. It will flake off naturally in several days.
- ALWAYS keep your tattoo clean. DO NOT soak in a tub, jacuzzi or pool. Always blot dry until tattoo is healed.
- Your tattoo MUST be protected from the sun while it is healing. After the tattoo is healed we recommend the use of a good sun block.
- We recommend the use of the aftercare ointment or lotion for 3-4 days, then switch to a good quality, fragrance free, skin moisturizer for about 2 weeks until your tattoo is healed. Your tattoo will remain bright, crisp, and clear if you take care of your skin. Remember… your tattoo can only look as good as your skin…. so continue to moisturize daily.
Congratulations on getting your new piercing!
The time required for your piercing to heal varies,
but it’s important to be patient and take care of your piercing.
It is critical that you follow the steps
given to you by your piercer
to insure the best heal possible.
Your aftercare is the most important part of your piercing. If you have questions/concerns about your piercing or its aftercare, we welcome you to contact a piercing professional at Freehold Tattoo.
For your convenience, we stock a full line of products for all of your aftercare needs.
- Wash Your Piercing with unscented soap.
- Pat dry and apply bactine to both sides of the jewelry
- For the first week only, apply a small amount of Neosporin to both sides of the jewelry.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for 2-3 times a day for one month and then once a day for the life of the piercing.
- Redness, irritation and puss are all common and may ne relieved by soaking in a warm sea salt solution.
- Always remember to wash your hands before touching your new piercing and refrain from playing with it.
- If you have any questions, please call us or your doctor, especially if there are signs of infection.
- No pools, baths or hot tubs for at least one month.
Lip and Tongue Care
- For lip piercing, follow the above directions for the outside of the piercing and the below for the inside.
- Tongue and inside of the lip, you must rinse with Listerine after anything put in your mouth.
- You may also eat or suck on ice as much as necessary to keep the swelling down.
We recommend h2ocean aftercare products or our care instructions for tattoos and piercing